Vice President - USA
BedsOnline | Orlando FL 32819 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/01/2013
Vice President - BEDSONLINE US
A unique opportunity to join the leading international travel business expansion in the USA
Sector: ACCOMMODATION & DESTINATIONS
Business Area or Brand: BEDSONLINE
Reporting line to: Head of Sales of America
Contract Terms: Permanent
TUI Travel PLC is one of the world’s leading international leisure travel groups operating in approximately 180 countries worldwide. TUI Travel’s vision is to make travel experiences special. Through 200 products and brands it provides more than 30 million customers from over 31 source markets with a wide choice of differentiated and flexible travel experiences to meet their changing needs.
The Group was created in September 2007 as a result of the merger between First Choice Holidays PLC and the Tourism Division of TUI AG. Headquartered in the UK, the Group employs approximately 54,000 people and operates a pan-European airline group consisting of 141 aircraft. The Group is organised and managed through three business Sectors: Mainstream, Accommodation & Destinations and Specialist & Activity. In the financial year ended 30 September 2012, TUI Travel reported revenues of £14.5bn and an underlying operating profit of £490m.TUI Travel is listed on the London Stock Exchange as a member of the FTSE 100 and FTSE4Good Indices. For more information visit www.tuitravelplc.com
The Accommodation & Destinations (A&D) Sector competes in fast growing areas of the travel sector through four business lines: Accommodation wholesaler; Accommodation OTA (online travel agent); Inbound services and Cruise handling. It has market-leading brands including the global brands Hotelbeds, Intercruises, Destination Services, Worldcome and Pacific World and leading local brands including LateRooms.com, AsiaRooms.com and MalaPronta.com.
For the financial year ended 30 September 2012, TUI Travel Accommodation & Destinations reported sales of €3,347 million and had 9,759 employees across 58 countries
Bedsonline is one of the leading online providers of accommodation and travel extras EXCLUSIVELY for agencies. Our aim is to provide you with a fast and easy online access to the products your clients are asking for, wherever and whenever that may be. Every single day, we deal with more than 9,000 reservations online, providing us with an access and negotiation power that cannot be matched by our competitors.
The position will provide a key contribution to the expansion and distribution of the Bedsonline model in the USA.
Plans and implements sales, marketing and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates:
- · Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- · Develops and manages sales/marketing operating budgets.
- · Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- · Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- · Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- · Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- · Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- · Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- · Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- · Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
- · Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials and events.
- · Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- · Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
- · Directs market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- · Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- · Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- · Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- · Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- · Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- · Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- · Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- · Directs product research and development.
- · In charge of 7 members´ team
- · Manages and directs staff including recruitment, selection and development to achieve Company goals and objectives.
- · US Team based in Orlando and other Sales team in US.
- · Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business.
- · Deep knowledge of Travel Agencies´ market
- · Strong experience collaborating with main Consortia, Hosts and most popular US Agencies.
- · Management and leadership experience in team management.
- · Excellent knowledge of sales management in a hospitality set up.
- · Excellent communication. High degree of interpersonal skills and ability to interact at a high level. Dynamic, outgoing personality, self-motivated, resourceful, highly independent, innovative, creative with high degree of customer service and result oriented.
- · Absolut willingness to travel.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
HOW TO APPLY
- Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
|Location||Orlando, FL, 32819, USA|
|Contact Name||Mariangeli Escalona|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|