Business Travel Conslutant
Key Travel | Philadelphia PA 19107 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/12/2012
Key Travel is currently seeking candidates for future opportunities which we anticipate will arise in and around the Philadelphia area in the near future. Candidates that possess a minimum of one year's GDS expereince who would like to register their interest for future opporutnities in this region should do so by sending a copy of their up to date resume and details of their compensation expectations.
Key Travel is an exciting and ambitious Travel Management Company specialising in arranging flights, hotels and other travel ancillaries for the not-for-profit sector. As the market leader in our field with offices in London and Manchester, England Brussels, Belgium & Washington DC our clients include charities, religious organisations and public sector organisations offering support to their customers for aid, development, medical relief, environmental help or education.
Business Travel Consultants are required to facilitate the travel needs of our clients. They must ensure the most cost effective and convenient options are offered, having listened to the clients’ requirements, maintaining the highest level of customer service at all times. The scope of the role covers not only flights and extras but also hotels, insurance, lounge passes and car hire to name a few.
Candidates must be flexible in their approach to learning, keen to challenge ways of working and suggest new innovative methods, as well as having a drive for achievement.
- Build rapport and good relationships with all new and existing clients, ensuring specific client policies are adhered to.
- Actively listen to the client and proactively assist them.
- Ensure their specific travel needs are met.
- Attend client seminars in order to facilitate good client relations.
- Assist clients who may be calling for another team member who is busy.
- Promote added extras such as hotels / car hire / insurance and our visa service.
- Act positively to make the team successful and enhance morale.
- Make new members of team feel welcome.
- Actively contribute to achieve the SLA targets and team incentives.
- Attend weekly team updates and participate in quarterly team meetings.
- Enhance our service by taking overflow calls for the whole Reservations Team when necessary.
- Participate in quarterly team nights out.
- Maintain the company standards for regular booking checks.
- Continue to develop a thorough understanding of airline contracts, routings and services.
- Liaise with Supervisor and provide feedback in monthly updates. Regularly check and action airline queue messages and monitor existing bookings that are on hold.
- Offer three options to the client including the lowest possible fare.
- Handle quotes mainly by phone and email but also by fax or client visit.
- Achieve individual weekly booking, phone and telephone targets.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 1 year experience selling commission contracts in a GDS.
- Minimum Associates degree or equivalent.
- Good level of computer literacy including Microsoft Excel.
- Proven time management skills and close attention to detail.
- Experience of a GDS (Preferably Amadeus, although not essential).
- Good geographical knowledge & knowledge of worldwide airlines.
- Be receptive to all training given for personal development.
- Knowledge of travel industry.
- Relevant customer service qualifications.
Key Travel is a travel mangement company dedicated to serving clients in the third sector including non-profits, NGOs, religious organisations, trusts and associations.
We help clients reduce their travel budget through effective buying and assist a diverse range of organisations in managing their Duty of Care to the employees and volunteers travelling on their behalf.
Our Culture and Values
Our vision is to help third sector organisations maximise the value of their travel budgets and manage staff welfare through effective travel solutions. In all of our daily interactions, internally and externally we aim to live our culture, values and beliefs:
Be proactive, fresh and inspiring. Achieve and exceed targets, be imaginative in finding solutions, lead by example and be full of life.
Treat everyone with respect, understand their needs, be compassionate, considerate and nurture those around us. Provide caring and effective support to all.
Communicate clearly; seek first to understand, then to be understood. Avoid jargon and be clear in what we want for ourselves and others.
Be open and approachable, seek new ideas, communicate openly, cultivate a learning mind and explore new opportunities for our customers.
Inject energy, make things happen for you and Key Travel. Generate enthusiasm and commitment from your team and colleagues
Be reliable, honest, fair, supportive and accurate. Deliver what we promise.
|Location||Philadelphia, PA, 19107, USA|
|Industry Sectors||Travel Management Companies|
|Contact Name||Human Resources Department|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|