Head of North America (New York)
Tourism Ireland | New York NY 10154 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/10/2013
Head of North America (New York)
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, experience and competencies.
- Extensive relevant marketing experience across the full marketing mix including brand management, social media and digital marketing.
- Confident strategic thinker, with experience of crafting strategy and a proven ability to identify and seize strategic opportunities.
- Strong experience of translating strategy into implementation with a focus on delivery.
- Strong leadership skills, displaying passion, enthusiasm and drive to lead the team and grow the business.
- Good commercial and business acumen with a proven ability to build effective relationships with a diverse array of commercial partners and key stakeholders
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Sound judgement with an ability to act decisively and to make tough decisions.
- Good understanding about challenges of working in a North / South governmental body and a complex stakeholder environment.
- Displays a positive attitude to change –with the skill to create an environment that encourages innovation, creativity and appropriate/informed risk-taking.
- In-depth knowledge of tourism on the island of Ireland and familiarity with tourism landscape in United States and Canada.
- Proven ability to manage complex budget scenarios from multiple sources.
- Experience or knowledge of public sector corporate governance policies and procedures.
Purpose of the role: Develop a clear strategic vision and direction for the US and Canadian markets and deliver marketing and promotional programmes which will achieve agreed targets for tourism to the island of Ireland. This will involve leading a team of 25 people based mainly in New York and Toronto as well as working in close partnership with commercial tourism operators and other key stakeholders on the island of Ireland and in the marketplace.
Note: Extensive travel and the requirement to work unsocial hours are features of this post.
- Develop a multi-year strategic plan to optimise tourism to the island of Ireland from the US and Canadian markets. Ensure NA regional marketing strategy is aligned with strategic corporate objectives.
- Lead the US and Canadian teams to develop and implement annual business plans to achieve agreed targets and Key Performance Indicators.
- Effectively allocate and mange financial resources to ensure that all opportunities are maximised.
- Develop a strong value-for-money and return on marketing investment team ethos.
- Manage, develop and coach the team to ensure that are optimally utilized and contributing at a high level.
- Ensure that the island of Ireland vacation product is optimally distributed and promoted through trade, OTA and niche operator outlets in the US and Canada.
- Build and maintain relationships with airlines to influence the creation of further direct capacity and to exploit existing opportunities.
- Develop strong partnerships with the commercial sector; including island of Ireland-based industry, market based trade, digital and traditional media and online travel channels.
- Establish a pro-active two way communications program with key identified stakeholders on both sides of the Atlantic.
- Ensure full compliance with Tourism Ireland’s corporate governance, financial and HR policies and procedures.
- Such other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time.
TO APPLY: Please click the following link: http://www.tourismireland.com/Home!/Recruitment-/Head-of-North-America-(New-York).aspx
Completed applications should be forwarded to Clare MacLeod, Head of HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening is by Application Form only.
CLOSING DATE for receipt of applications is 5pm (GMT) on Thursday, 31st January 2013.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Salary Scale – dependent on experience, please contact Clare directly.
|Location||New York, NY, 10154, USA|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|