Business Title: Database Administrator
Requisition #: USAHQ-5895
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
Work Countries: United States
Work Cities: Atlanta GA-US
Job Description: Where willyourcareer take you?
We're not just any travel management company.
We help clientstravel smartandachievemore.
*MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN*
**POSITION CAN BE VIRTUAL***
Position is to be part of SQL Server DBA Team at BCD Travel. The SQL Server DBA team is responsible for the 24x7 availability of mission critical databases in production environment and User Acceptance, Development, and Test environments for fast-paced delivery. There is a high expectation in availability, performance and scalability to support the tremendous growth of various applications within the company. The DBA team is responsible for the design, build, ongoing maintenance, failure avoidance, detection and repair of the SQL Server databases associated with the applications.Positions available for the following shifts:
1st Shift - 12am - 9am EST
2nd Shift - 8am - 5pm EST
3rd Shift - 4pm - 1am EST
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others
- Must be able to work under the stress of and meet deadlines
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately while meeting applicable productivity measures
- Must be able to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested.
Job Specific Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
0% Management, 10% Project Management, 20% Requirements, 70% Analysis, Code & Support
- Experience required in the implementation and support of SQL Server Database Systems, Reporting Services, Analysis Services and Integration Services on enterprise and dedicated Windows 2003/2008 servers to support BCD Travel client’s applications.
- Design, install, tune, maintain and monitor SQL Server databases, products and services; including, but not limited to, storage management, DB performance tuning, DB software debugging, backup and recovery, and change/configuration maintenance.
- Works closely with technical and client management to design and implement SQL Server databases, associated support tools and processes in support of complex business application development requirements and processes.
- Provides technical consulting in identifying, implementing and supporting new SQL Server database function.
- Performs problem resolution and root cause analysis along with recommending and implementing preventive techniques and ensures standardization of systems implementation, support techniques, and adherence to formal processes, change control, best practices, and total quality practices in all activities.
- Will participate in 24 X 7 "On-call" support rotation for SQL Server database systems, products and services as well as ensure effective communications to internal customers along with customers outside of the department.
- Understanding of ETL process on VLDBs
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Organization and planning skills
- Conflict management & resolution skills
- Multi-tasking capable (individual will be assigned multiple projects simultaneously), and highly flexible
- 5+ yrs being production level DBA
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Disk capacity planning and Monitoring
- Backup/Restore strategy Client Databases
- Perform Backup/Restore of Client Databases
- Perform routine Maintenance of Client Database
- Develop Client Database Maintenance Plans
- Re-Indexing, Integrity Checking, Database Shrinking, etc.
- Support Client Services for Client Database Upgrades
- Setup internal test and production databases
- Maintain Database Security Policy
- SQL Server 2005, 2008 and 2012
- Microsoft Clustering including mutli-node and active/active architecture along with AlwaysOn
- Evaluate/Run Service Packs
- Travel Industry Experience a large plus.
*MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN*
**POSITION CAN BE VIRTUAL**
*LI-LOCS ATLANTA GA-US
Field of Interest Category: Information Technology/Telecom
Scheduled Work Hours: 40
Percent of Travel: 1-25%