Business Title: Country Manager - Brazil
Requisition #: USAHQ-6461
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
Work Countries: Brazil
Work Cities: Sao Paulo
Responsible for managing multiple functions within the country framework to include operations, account management, technology, industry relations, finance, tax, human resources, business development, facilities, etc. Responsible for achieving country goals related to client retention, employee satisfaction, profitability, quality service, preferred vendor maximization, technology implementation, on-line servicing, and business development for assigned business function.
*THIS POSITION IS BASED IN SAO PAULO, BRAZIL; THIS IS NOT A VIRTUAL ROLE.*
**MUST BE FLUENT IN ENGLISH AND PORTUGUESE; SPANISH ALSO PREFERRED**
Manages multiple direct reports and their related functions of responsibility to include operations, account management, technology, industry relations, business development, finance and/or human resources.
Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Leads vertical personnel to achieve country goals and customer goals
- Performs direct and indirect management of all vertical personnel, including telephone service levels, budget and cost management, quality service, client retention, employee development and satisfaction, process / policy adherence, and contractual obligations to customers.
- Provide advice and guidance to assist direct reports in achieving their targets.
- Empower direct reports to operate and make decisions within defined authorization framework.
- Leads account management team to develop strategic client Business Plans to establish and achieve the business objectives of travel program; ensures objectives are met with continual follow-up with management team.
- Takes a leadership role in customer meetings/negotiations to explore opportunities to expand client servicing relationship through global expansion; coordinates sales effort, pricing and implementation with BCD Travel counterparts.
- Oversee and authorize operational decisions according to defined escalation procedures.
- Leads employee base in development and implementation of employee satisfaction activities and processes; develops measurements of success
- Supports negotiation process for the development of Service Level Agreements that are win-win for BCD Travel and the client
- Champion policies, service standards and procedures (functional management processes, functional business planning, escalation and authorization procedures, standardized service and quality definitions, etc.)
- Facilitates the development and implementation of budgets and departmental goals. Is directly responsible for achieving budgetary and departmental goals.
- Develop business cases to support new business travel investments for review and approval by President
- Report to President on progress and performance of the Country against budget and targets through presentation of financial information and business review – using defined formats and within defined timescales.
- Evaluates and approves pricing for prospective and rebid clients; considers impact of vendor relationships on BCD Travel overrides
- Stays abreast of client negotiations; actively participates in sales presentations for potential and renewal accounts.
- Leads team to proactively review client contracts and ensure all requirements are met, including reporting, service levels, on-line adoption, financials, technology, etc.
- Maintains consistent communication with clients and ensures all client requirements are met. Builds strong relationships at all levels.
- Effectively communicates corporate news and industry information to front line employees through Town Halls, Roundtables and other types of employee meetings.
- Leads area of responsibility to achieve active community involvement, embraces and achieves Leaving a Legacy goals,
- Projects a favorable image of BCD Travel by interfacing with the outside community
- Takes a leadership role in travel association meetings and other industry functions to assure members are aware of BCD Travel and its services
- Maintains current state of the art information relative to the airline and travel industries; consults with customers on these topics
- Maintains the highest level of integrity as a senior representative of the company.
- Displays and mentors effective leadership behaviors
- Supports and abides by all company policies and procedures.
- Performs proper follow-up and collection of accounts receivables over 30 days
- Negotiates new and renewal contracts with clients, airline vendors and GDS systems
- Facilitates the involvement of BCD Travel specialized departments, operations, or management to achieve client goals
- Evaluates financial statements for accuracy or shortfall to budget; takes action to resolve discrepancies
- Conducts training workshops within country; encourages continuous education and self-development for all employees
- Attends transition meetings upon the acquisition of new business to gain complete understanding of travel program. Discusses all expectations with business development staff and works with account manager for account implementation and development of account Business Plan.
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but are logically and properly inherent to the position, as requested.
- Strong knowledge of operations, account management & travel industry
- Knowledge of global travel account management
- Knowledge of accounting, financial analysis and travel pricing
- Knowledge of contract negotiations and management
- Knowledge of call center management and staffing techniques
- Knowledge of BCD Travel technology products
- Knowledge of global account management, sales, implementation
- Ability to interact and develop relationships with all levels of employees and customers
- Results leadership skills
- Highly effective negotiation skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Strategic selling and relationship management skills
- Solutions Development/Business Plan Creation
- Ability to manage all aspects of human capital: selection, motivation, coaching, development, employee relations and separation
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Ability to work independently, developing strategies and action plans for implementation of goals and objectives
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects simultaneously
- Project and time management skills
- Professional manner and appearance
- Highly effective written, oral, and presentations skills.
- College degree required preferred
- Minimum of twelve (12) years corporate travel experience
- Minimum of nine (9) years of management experience
- Thorough knowledge of travel agency operations and / or account management.
- Experience with global travel account management
- Thorough knowledge of BCD Travel technology is preferred.
- Fluent in English and Portuguese. Spanish language desired.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation and email software required. Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on a regular basis.
Physical and Mental Requirements (US Only):
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires an adequate range of body motion and mobility to enable the individual to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires ability to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Requires ability to move about to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Requires ability to operate a computer, telecommunication’s devices and other office equipment for prolonged periods of time throughout the work day.
- Requires ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is important for those activities in which the employee must impart oral information to other employees, clients and customers, in person or via telephone, and in those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions and information to others accurately, clearly and quickly.
- Requires the ability to perceive the nature of sounds. Hearing is important for those activities that require ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, in person or via telephone, and to make fine discriminations in sound.
- Requires clarity of near vision. This factor is important when special and or minute accuracy is demanded and defective near acuity would adversely affect job performance and/or safety of self and others.
- Requires ability to work other shifts and weekends and in excess of 40 hours/week, as necessary.
Requires the ability to work and cooperate with other employees and clients at all levels and from diverse backgrounds to exchange ideas, information and opinions to facilitate the task at hand.
Travel (for positions requiring travel):
Requires ability to travel by car, plane and train for prolonged periods of time domestically and internationally and to move and transport personal luggage.
Field of Interest Category: Travel Operations
Scheduled Work Hours: 40
Percent of Travel: 1-25%
Language(s) Required: English - Read
Spanish - Read
English - Speak
English - Write
Spanish - Speak
Spanish - Write
Portuguese - Read
Portuguese - Write
Portuguese - Speak