This position executes the business development strategy for AAA Allied Group’s home-based agency network. This position administers all core marketing activities for this new business unit. This position manages the process for identifying and securing home-based, independent contractors for other travel business units (Leisure Travel, Provident Travel) to meet/exceed specific sales and marketing goals. Furthermore, this position ensures the proper systems are in place to allow home-based, independent contractors access to the information required to enable them to function in their respective roles.
- Execute the business development strategy for AAA Allied Group’s home-based agency network.
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting for the business unit.
- Prepare the monthly performance scorecard for senior management review.
- Manage the recruitment process for independent home-based, independent contractors including development of job descriptions, placement of job-related advertising (online and print), selection of home-based, independent contractors, and delivery of consulting agreements. Ensure the quality sales skills of home-based, independent contractors engaged enables AAA Allied Group to meet/exceed specific sales and marketing goals.
- Develop the appropriate systems, with the assistance of Information Services, to support home-based, independent contractors including (but not limited to): Apollo set-up, online/web portal to allow easy access to vendor information, and helpdesk support.
- Create and maintain a website, with the assistance of Marketing and IS, which will be a primary information archive for home-based, independent contractors. This will serve as a central location for information on vendors, promotions, and any other important material.
- Collaborate with other functional departments within AAA Allied Group to successfully deploy projects or complete routine transactions. These departments include: Leisure Travel, Accounting, Marketing, Information Services, and Human Resources.
- Work in concert with the EVP of Travel Agency Services, VP Provident Travel and VP AAA Leisure Travel Product to attain the Goals of the department
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills
- 8-10 years of Travel Agency experience in sales management with a demonstrated track record of progressive responsibility.
- Experience working in the home-based travel agency industry.
- Experience in developing and managing an annual budget. Strong financial acumen is a must.
- Experience launching new business initiatives including collaborating on projects that cross departmental lines.
- Four year degree preferred but not required.
- A strategic, creative and analytical mind.
- Excellent people skills with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of confidence.
- High level of drive.
- A results-oriented outlook with the ability to prioritize and deliver on key initiatives.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed.