Business Title: Senior Manager, Infrastructure Support
Requisition #: USAHQ-6783
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
Work Countries: Brazil
Work Cities: Sao Paulo, BR
Senior Manager, Infrastructure Support
**POSITION IS LOCATED IN SAO PAULO, BRAZIL**
***BILINGUAL ENGLISH AND SPANISH/PORTUGUESE REQUIRED***
The Senior Manager of Infrastructure Support is responsible for the planning, organization and management of IS staff and overall daily operation of the organizations diverse IT infrastructure. To include developing, maintaining, supporting and optimizing multiple functional areas particularly relating to Server Hardware, Active Directory/DNS and Messaging Systems. The Manager will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion and manage the employees in these three key areas of our Infrastructure teams.
Job Specific Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Manage support teams with oversight of high-level enterprise windows based solutions to address business needs using infrastructure system standards (servers, storage, virtualization, active directory & messaging).
- Manage expectations / set priorities for IS staff including training plans and administration guidelines
- Design and implement short and long term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements
- Develops processes, standards, policies, and workflows to better document delivery methods and continually improve system delivery efficiencies
- Define hardware and software standards in conjunction with business owners and stakeholders
- Maintains vendor relationships and manages the ordering/purchasing processes for all Infrastructure hardware/software
- Ensure internal projects are completed on time/within budgetary guidelines
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities
- Must be action oriented, capable of organizing staff to further the resolution of complex technical problems
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences
- Well versed in the creation and up-keep of technical documentation
- Team player
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others
- Must be able to work under the stress of and meet deadlines
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately while meeting applicable productivity measures
- Must be able to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned
Education / Knowledge / Experience (Subject to local laws and practices)
3-5 years recent experience in the simultaneous management of multiple I.T. disciplines/departments preferably within a highly transactional environment.
Characteristics & Competencies:
- Effective Communication - Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Honesty, Integrity, Building Trust - Demonstrates sound business ethics and consistently adheres to and promotes the values and principles in all business and personal transactions. Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Innovation - Develops new ideas and initiatives that improve the organization's performance.
- Relationship Skills - Knowledge of the techniques and the ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Service Excellence - Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques; ability to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner.
- Teamwork - Understanding of the necessity and value of teamwork; ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Flexibility & Adaptability - Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
- Active Learning / Continuous Learning - Seeks performance feedback and identifies approaches to improve own and others' performance and learning.
Leadership / Management Competencies
- Coaching & Developing Others - Demonstrates ability to address learning, training and career development needs of individuals, teams or organization.
- Delegation & Empowerment - Shows ability to empower and motivate associates to take over tasks and responsibilities to accomplish results for which the Manager maintains ultimate accountability.
- Emotional Intelligence - Establishing and sustaining trusting relationships by accurately perceiving and interpreting one's own and others' emotions and behavior in the context of the political environment; leveraging insights to effectively manage one's own responses and reactions.
- Influence & Initiative - Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
- Leading Organizational Change - Ability to manage the successful and smooth transition from current to desired culture, practices, structure and overall organizational environment.
- Leading Teams - Using appropriate methods and interpersonal styles to develop, motivate, and guide the team to attain successful outcomes and business objectives.
- Managerial Courage - Understanding the rationale for and the ability to tactfully dispense direct, actionable feedback and deal head-on with people problems and challenging situations.
- Producing & Driving Results - Ability to utilize assigned resources and leverage back-channel resources (individuals or teams) to achieve or exceed planned outcomes.
Field of Interest Category: Information Technology/Telecom
Scheduled Work Hours: 40
Percent of Travel: 1-25%
Language(s) Required: English - Read
English - Speak
English - Write
Portuguese - Read
Portuguese - Write
Portuguese - Speak