National Sales Director
Perillo Tours | Woodcliff Lake NJ 07677 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/30/2014
Perrilo Tours is currently seeking a National Sales Director who demonstrates a proven track record in selling escorted tour series, FIT and custom adhoc groups (incentive, special interest, academic, faith based.) The individual must be highly organized, self-motivated and have strong follow- up and sales closing skills.
The position is responsible for identifying growth potential and growing market share for the Perillo Organization and it’s brands ( Perillo Tours, Perillo Groups, Italyvacations.com and Learning Journeys.) and is responsible to ensure achievement of sales and growth targets.
Management of events, incentives, marketing commitments, budgets and sales calendar as well as reporting are included in this role.
Position is based virtually.
- Identifying and developing new sales markets
- Organizing, managing and attending trade shows and conferences
- Conduct training and product presentations with accounts and group organizers. Propose product offerings and develop sales incentives
- Create and manage event calendar
- Act as first point of contact for trade partners and group organizers related to day to day account sales planning, events, client issues and service inquiries
- Maintain excellent relationships with key national accounts, growing sales from under producing accounts
- Weekly sales and service reporting including identifying positive and negative sales potential
- Work closely with all departments to establish service and administrative processes that support internal and external processes
- Create & manage annual sales plan in coordination with management to maximize sales growth with each account, capitalize on identified opportunities and increase exposure of the Perillo organization throughout the year
- Contribute to annual budget planning, providing input and projections on national account financial commitments, commission, revenue and other sales support expense
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in marketing, communications or business
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in travel industry and sales, with prior experience working with consortia, travel agencies and group organizers, in particular academic and incentive
- Experience working with major national accounts.
- Skill in sales reporting and analysis
- Comfortable in a team-oriented environment, ability to work across departments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Demonstrated planning & organizational skills, with a calm demeanor under pressure. Deadline adherence
- Extensive travel required
- Team player-must be able to take direction
- Professional demeanor: reliable, responsive, highly comfortable in client-facing roles
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solver
|Location||Woodcliff Lake, NJ, 07677, United States|
|Industry Sectors||Tour Operator|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|