Director of Marketing
Confidential Fishing Resort Company | Central Florida FL 000000 USA | Full Time | Posted: 04/28/2014
Outdoor Sports Adventure Company
Director of Marketing, Central Florida
A provider of outdoor sports adventure, this 50 years+ fishing resort company provides the finest in-shore and off-shore, successful fishing experiences and thrills in the world. Because of its location to the world’s finest fishing waters for Marlin, Tuna, and Sailfish, the year round, over 250 world’s records have been broken. And for those anglers who prefer in-shore fishing, the resort provides that exciting potential to catch a huge variety of fish, as well.
Located in Central America, the resort is carved into a national park and jungle on the Pacific Coast. There are no roads in or out. Guests arrive via charter planes onto the resort’s privately owned airstrip, then transported to the Lodge via its private boats. This area is described as “National Geographic” Country and one of the most beautiful places on Earth.
The Company provides the highest levels of quality within its total product: local transportation, a full-service fishing lodge (built into a virtual paradise and surrounded by a tropical national park), integration with its fleet of boats (captained by experienced mariners and crews), to meet its clients’ life-time goals for fishing challenges, the thrill and excitement of a potential record catch, or for just getting away.
Recognition for Business and Conservation
The Company has been named by the prestigious Robb Report as “the best fishing lodge in the world.” It holds more fishing world records than any place on earth (250)! The firm received the C.J. McElroy Award from the Safari Club International’s goals for excellence in worldwide hunting or fishing and conservation of wildlife.
The Director of Marketing Position
• Work with owners to develop clear sales / revenue goals for in / off season
• Develop a strategic marketing plan and appropriate marketing mix [promotion,
advertising, pricing] using social media, web presence, newsletters, tradeshows,
various channels [airlines], print, public relations, customer endorsements, et al)
to connect with target audiences
• Develop measurement tools to determine effectiveness of the marketing strategy and resources
• Increase repeat business and target and develop new, global target audiences
consisting of highly discerning, high profile prospects who are seeking the thrill
from success or competition from landing a monster fish along with having
• Develop strategies to ‘smooth’ annual sales by increasing guest traffic the year-
round using in- shore and off-shore fishing opportunities that match varying
• Special dimensions include:
- Have the ability to accurately forecast sales
- Provide financial updates to ownership
- Travel to tradeshows, the resort, etc. as business requires
- Live and work in Central, Florida
- Think strategically and work efficiently, effectively on your own
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing – an MBA is ideal
- Be growth oriented: personally and organizationally (financials, market
- share, volume)
- Enjoy / know about outdoor adventures and enjoying fishing is ideal
- Possess a high work ethic, a multi-tasking attitude, and good interpersonal
- You want to be and can be “the marketing leader”
- Act ethically
The position pays between $45,000 - $50,000 salary; a competitive benefits package; paid business expenses; and quarterly bonuses with targets agreed upon with ownership.
Please send your resume`, references, and other credentials, knowing they are highly confidential, to:
THE TARQUINIO RECRUITING GROUP
We do not discriminate in the acceptance or referral of candidates on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other protected characteristics. All inquiries are treated with the strictest confidentiality.
|Location||Central Florida, FL, 000000, United States|
|Industry Sectors||Tour Operator|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|