Title: *Temporary Worker - Fort Worth, TX
Location: TX-Fort Worth
The Temporary Worker Program is a provisional employment opportunity that has been the starting point for many of our current employees. More than 200 people over the last two years began their career with American Airlines as a temporary worker. It''s a strategic investment of your time that can lead to a promising career with us.
During your tenure as a temporary worker, we''ll work with you to find the right positions based on your education and former employment. You''ll be able to visit various departments within American to help you better understand our company and make informed decisions about your future career path with us. We''ll support your search for a full-time permanent position by providing assistance with resume writing and interview techniques that will prepare you for internal interviews at American Airlines.
What does a temporary worker do?
Temporary workers support our operation during periods of unusual or emergency workload, leaves of absence or vacation by performing tasks ranging from the routine to the highly-complex. The length of assignments can vary with a maximum of six (6) months and may be located at corporate offices, airports or other field locations.
Here are some of the key responsibilities:
* Ensuring telephone coverage
* Greeting and directing customers
* Handling mail
* Updating manuals and data entry
* Arranging travel and hotel accommodations
* Coordinating mass mailings or special projects
The rate of pay for this position is $10.87 per hour. Temporary workers have the benefit of applying for the Company''s internal vacancies. However, the position does not include employee medical benefits or flight privileges. If you are hired into a permanent internal position, flight privileges will begin immediately and medical benefits will begin after thirty-one (31) days of regular employment.
* High School diploma or GED
* Previous on-the-job office/clerical experience
* Minimum typing skill of 25-49 W.P.M.
* Possess excellent office and communication skills
* Working knowledge of PC including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
* Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
* Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
* Must have acceptable credit, which will be verified if required for the departmentAD-Temporary Worker