Title: *Analyst/Sr. Financial Analyst (Capital)
Location: TX-Fort Worth
Analysts in Capital Planning are responsible for evaluating the merits and conducting due diligence for all proposed capital projects. Members of the group network with a wide variety of departments across the system to analyze and make recommendations to senior management on all capital project funding requests. Analysts are exposed to projects covering all aspects of airline operations. Project reviews include cash flow analysis (NPV), alignment with corporate strategies, cost benefit analysis, and operational requirement studies. Analysts also work with Fixed Assets to ensure projects conform to corporate accounting policy. The Capital Planning team is also responsible for managing the corporation’s Resource Approval Policy and associated funding requests. Additional responsibilities of the team include development of AA’s capital budget, monthly capital spending forecasts and reports, benchmarking, performance metrics, as well as ad-hoc financial studies.
* Financial Planning is looking for motivated individuals with strong leadership and analytical experience.
* Candidate must have proven financial and analytical skills, including ability to logically structure analysis of complex issues and develop creative solutions.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
* Time-management competence to effectively progress multiple projects simultaneously.
* Analysts must be comfortable presenting to senior leadership (VPs, SVPs, CFO).
* MBA or equivalent work experience preferred.